Born as Janet Owen on the 24th June 1950, in Clapham a district of London, England
She married Stewart Farrar, thirty-four years her senior in Surrey 1975. Janet married their family friend and business partner Gavin Bone on the 5th May 2001.
Janet and Stewart Farrar have done much to make Wicca and the pagan way available to the public. Their books have become classics in their own time, and over the years through faultless and diligent hard work, they became England’s most eminent and respected modern day witches.Today some seventy five percent of Wiccans, both in the Republic and Northern Ireland can trace their beginnings back to the Farrar’s.
Farrar has co-authored a number of books about Wicca and Neopaganism.
With Stewart Farrar
- 1981: Eight Sabbats for Witches
- 1984: The Witches' Way
- 1987: The Witches' Goddess: The Feminine Principle of Divinity
- 1989: The Witches' God: Lord of the Dance
- 1990: Spells and How they Work
- 1996: A Witches' Bible: The Complete Witches' Handbook (re-issue of The Witches' Way and Eight Sabbats for Witches)
With Stewart Farrar and Gavin Bone
- 1995: The Pagan Path
- 1999: The Healing Craft: Healing Practices for Witches and Pagans
- 2001: The Complete Dictionary of European Gods and Goddesses
With Virginia Russell
- 1999: The Magical History of the Horse
With Gavin Bone
- 2004: Progressive Witchcraft: Spirituality, Mysteries, and Training in Modern Wicca